BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

talked to dad today, He said my cousin that is in ICU is still about the same, isn't any better, isn't any worse.. which is a good thing at least he's holding steady. he has a little granddaughter, I don't know what will happen to her if something happens to him.

I'm listening to the weather as I type.. we have another winter weather Storm coming... 1-4 inches of snow... yay I hope we get it.. I woke up to snow this morning.. it was so pretty...

my nursing class tonight went well.. we had to check off on skills... which is kinda embarrassing once you first start to do them in front of the class.. we had to move a person in bed to a 45-60 degree angle, roll the person over, and then roll them back onto their back.. we had to remember to support the head, arms, and legs with pillows.. where to put the pillows, remember when we had to raise bed rails and when to lower them.. when to raise the bed and when to lower it... when to cover the person.. when not to cover the person... goodness when my teacher called me to do them I walked over the where the bed's where and where the dummy was laying and my mind when blank... haha.. but I just took a deep breath, thought about it for a second and started.. we also had to do the Heimlich maneuver and go threw the steps with someone.. then I had to pretend I was a patient and my friend had to move me out of bed and into a wheel chair.. we ran outta time so I don't have to this skill until next Monday.. but it looks real simple and not very hard... most skills we have to check off on have more then ten steps in them that we have to remember... hopefully I'll be able to remember them all before our state test at the end of the semester.

0 comments: