BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

well I'm home from a long weekend in Florida.. and I'm wore out too! the funeral went well.. the funeral it self was more of a celebration of his life then anything. I was really sad for my cousins grand babies.. one of them really was old enough to understand what was going on.. I have never seen so much food in my life.. their was 70 people who brought in food not just once a day but two or three times a day, and two or three different kinds of food, and to beat it all it was all home cooked! I don't believe I have ever ate so much in my life.. their was a ton of people who chipped in and helped prepare the food and clean up after wards.. I took Friday's lunch shift.. I had a chance to go to the swamps again while I was their but I stayed behind because I didn't want Amber ( my cousin john's wife) to be alone, and I helped her clean and wash some clothes too.
I had a really fun time hanging out with family that I've hardly ever seen.. I can't wait until our fourth of July get together when a bunch them are suppose to be coming up.. it will be a blast... :-] I'm also getting a family book that tells all of the history on my dad's side... I can't wait to read it, I never got to meet my grandma.. and I've never really asked dad anything about her cause he was real young when she passed away...
I have another prayer request... my cousin on my dad's side is in the ICU at the hospital.. he had double pneumonia in both lungs.. the antibiotics are not working and he's on a ventilator.. they really don't know if he'll make it or not, he's still pretty rough and isn't really outta the woods yet the last I heard.. and they believe his granddaughter is trying to get the same thing he has.
here's a short little testimony...Me, dad and my cousin Tom was about in a wreck Wednesday on the way down to Florida, there was a car, and then a truck in front of us.. well the truck lost a ladder out of the back of his truck and it landed in our lane on the interstate, well the car in front of us swerved to try and miss it and when she did she lost control of her car and hit the guard rail head on and spun around two or three times before coming to a stop facing the on coming traffic... Dad of course slammed on his brakes, and we barely missed the ladder ourselves.. and traffic was all over the place... it's a wonder that no one back ended us when we slammed on our brakes.
<- Dalton

<- my cousin Debora and her hubby kevin
<- Jerry and Jason
<-haley
<-fred
<- me and my daddy
<-me and debora
<-L-R my cousin Mike, Tom dad and me
<- me and my cousin Jamie
<-L-R Jamie, Noah, Debora Mike and Amber
I have some more pictures I would like to upload but I don't know if I'll be able to get them off of the slide show from the funeral or not.. I'll have to work on it this week and see if I can.. we are suppose to be getting some more bad weather this week... guess we'll see..

1 comments:

Roni said...

My! I am sorry to say you had a good time though it was at the loss of your dear cousin. It seems it was a great family reunion. The pics are so nice.. especially the one of you and your daddy. Praise God for keeping you safe from that accident. How mindful He is about us. Mom was missing you. I was missing your posts too. The pics are great! I hope someone has called by now. God bless you! Yesterday i could not log on.. My phone was having issues. God bless you