BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

today in lab was really fun! we took our bacteria that we transferred last time and made slides so we could look at them under the microscope.. they were really neat to see.. esp E-coli and Strep.. we looked at a total of four different types of bacteria today. now if only I can remember what they look like so I'll be able to pass my lab test when ever it may be. I have a lecture test coming up in about two weeks.. I've already started studying for it cause I have a feeling it's going to be a lot to remember. I've even started flash cards.. already got a stack of them too and more to go. I like using flash cards cause on one side I write the word and on the other side I write what it means.. for example.. on the front I wrote characteristics of procaryotic cells.. and on the back I wrote No membrane bound nucleus, no membrane bound organelles, no histones on DNA and cell walls contain peptidoglycan. I go through all my notes and do this and then I'll just go through the flash cards and when I know them I'll put them to the side and just focus on the ones I don't know. cuts studying time in half and it helps you to remember them. I have an ACT test coming up in about three weeks.. and I need an 18 or better on it to get into radiology this fall.. the last time I took this test I made an 17 on it... just one point away. so Lord willing I'll make an 18 or better.. I really would like to get into my program this coming semester so I can get out of school and start working.. some of the techs at the hospital is going to help me Wednesday when I'm volunteering at the hospital.. speaking of hospital.. Had a blast last night... didn't really want to come home when I did, but I was pretty much walking around in my sleep... well I believe I'm going to head to bed.. Roni I'll be praying for you and I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow. Oh and pray for my nephew Brandon, he has mononucleosis also known as "the kissing disease" you can catch it by drinking after people, transferring saliva, or even drinking out of a water fountain... he has a fever of 104 and really doesn't know whats going on around him... you never really can get it out of your system, and every time it comes back it gets worse.

1 comments:

Roni said...

Bekah, i have to confess you are amazing.. I am so proud to have a genius friend.. how do you pack all those things in your head. After reading the blog, i can hardly remember the names of those bacteria and stuff.. I guess you people who do such courses deserve respect. I will pray for you about the test, i know God will give you the victory. So amazing how anyone can get fun in doing hospital work.. we are so different, but i thank God for people like you.
For brandon, i will pray, I know there is nothing too hard for our God! He will deliver him and bring him in the fold too.
God be with you lil bekah.. i feel so happy when i know you are praying for me and be sure God is answering in amazing ways. Your faith in God has always challenged me.. God be with you!