BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Testimony/camp

* I know this is a long blog roni, but I'm sure you will enjoy it *
Well I’m home from church camp we had the best church services ever! Friday night and Saturday night was good. I honestly don’t remember much about Friday nights service but I do remember Saturday night and this mornings service..
Saturday night Bro. Fred was preaching about loving your wife and not treating her like a door mat, and how married couples don’t need to be fussing with each other and that the man should only crow in the mornings. For example getting the family up for school ect. And how the women should not cluck(fussing) at their husbands instead women should take their clucking to their prayer closets and pray about what their husband is doing wrong. He also brought out that if a man clucks all the time he has a women spirit on him. He even brought out how fighting all the time is what caused marriages to fail, and if every person had the token then why couldn't’t they pray over things and work them out. It was an awesome service!
I have to say though my favorite church service out of our whole camp service was Sunday morning. I walked up to where Bro. Fred, David, and Rhonda was and started talking with them. Well Bro. Fred asked Rhonda if I was her daughter, and she told him no that I was her niece, Bro. Fred also asked who my mother was. Well Rhonda went on into church and I stood around outside still fellowshipping, well Bro. Fred asked me to go get my aunt. I went inside and told Rhonda that Bro. Fred needed her…. Little did I know he only wanted her to come out so he could talk to me, Bro. Fred told David that he was going to talk to us and we walked a little ways away from him.. Bro. Fred started talking to me about how I looked so troubled, he then told me that his wife (which knows about all of my troubles with Mitch) told him about everything that was going on with me and Mitch and that he knew that I loved Mitch, he then told me he wanted to pray with me that God would open Mitch’s eyes to let him see what he’s doing wrong and see how he’s treated me. He said that Guys hear all the time they can have someone else but they never stop and think about what it does to a girl when they tell them they love them, and promise them things and not go through with it. He then said that it’s their pastors fault for not preaching the truth to them. Bro. Fred then took me by both hands and prayed for Mitch, while he was praying I started crying, when he finished I said thanks and then I went into church for the mornings service. During the whole morning service I cried off and on, he was preaching about having faith, miracles happening and the word having an effect on people. He said while he was preaching that he watched many of the youth during the camp and all of them touched him, but their was one who he felt take virtue from him, I was wondering who it could have been, and then he looked at me and asked me to stand up, and he started telling the church how I had took the virtue from him, he walked over to me and he told me to keep believing that things are going to work out, and he told me to keep saying it even if no one else believed with me and eventually it would take affect and work things out, he even said that I could see him coming up the hill I couldn’t keep from crying, and mom was shouting. After I sat back down Bro. Fred walked over to me and said “just flex your faith muscles” It was such an amazing church service, after church I went to the kitchen were mom was and she told me, well we better start planning your wedding, and Rhonda hugged me and said everything was going to work out, David hugged me and said “see you had to be at camp, I love you” then Amy(a lady in my church) walked over to me and goes “honey, your one blessed girl” then hugged me and said “I’ll make you a tape for your wedding” its like I’m a totally different person, I can eat again, I’m happy, theirs no words to describe how I feel and theirs definitely not enough words to describe how thankful I am, or to even describe how church was this morning.
After we cleaned up the camp, I came home and took my physics test, then me, mom, Rhonda, David and the boys went to my friends church where Bro. Fred was preaching, we was about 45 minutes late but we made it. While we was at dairy queen eating after service, I showed Bro Fred and his wife a picture of me and Mitch, he asked if I was giving him the picture and I said he could have it if he wanted it and he told his wife to keep it and to put it in her bible or to place it in his.. Right before we left I walked over to him, shook his hand, and told him thanks again for praying for me, and he told me “God will send your Isaac home to you" we are planning on going to his church in about a month..I believe mom told him that we was going to bring mitch with us.. so we'll be talking before then... I can't wait to be with him...and to hear his voice!! <- this is the picture Bro. Fred took home with him.

2 comments:

Roni said...

Bekah!! You nearly made me cry! You have never made a better post that this! God arranged a whole camp just for you! I always babble with many words, but i am not going to babble now. God bless you and with all love, i am believing with you! I feel like attending the wedding too... God be with you precious sweet bekah!

Roni said...

Bekah!! How are youuuuuuuu? I can answer for you... "AWESOME!!" haha.
I will be away for the rest of the week. I am going for some work. Assessing the ICT capacity of our partners and making some recommendations so that our organisation can help support them. I will take pics too. I am glad you talked about spiritual food more than awesome meals you had. shalom my dear